This gorgeous gold Snowflakes Greeting Card is perfect for when you want to make elegant cards for the holdays.
There are just some handmade cards that you have to see in person to appreciate – this is one of them. The Gold Metallic Specialty paper used for the snowflakes makes all the difference on this card and really takes it from simple to gorgeous.
I almost went with Basic Black for the ink and background mat on this card, but at the last minute, I switched over to Evening Evergreen and I’m so glad I did! It’s dark enough to offset the gold metallic paper beautifully but adds a wonderful touch of holiday whimsy to the card.
The Merry Snowflakes bundle is so easy to work with and by using different colors, it’s also very versatile. You can find other cards made with this Bundle here. You’ll find instructions below on how to recreate this card – don’t forget that below the instructions is a link where you can download the written tutorial. Happy Creating!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Evening Evergreen: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White: 3-3/4” x 5”
- Gold Metallic Paper: 4” x 6” for die-cutting
1. Fold the Basic White cardstock in half at the score line to create the base card.
2. Stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner using Evening Evergreen ink.
3. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Stitched Snowflake Dies (part of the Merry Snowflakes Bundle), use the large rectangle die to emboss the bottom of the cardstock, just above the sentiment. Note: this die cuts – or “makes marks” on the cardstock but does not cut any images out.
4. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Gold Specialty Paper, cut out various sizes of the snowflakes.
5. Adhere the die-cut gold snowflakes onto the White cardstock mat using little dots of Liquid Adhesive. If any of the die-cuts hang over the end, trim with your scissors or Paper Trimmer.
6. Adhere the White mat to the Evening Evergreen mat and adhere to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
7. Add 3 of the Gold Brushed Metallic Dots in the center of 3 of the snowflakes using different sizes to finish.
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this projet to your Holiday Card Making Boards on Pinterest if you like this project!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to someone on your Christmas Card list! It’s so fun to make a card but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard