Simple Thank You Card using Two-Step Stamps
Need a thank you card in a hurry? Make this simple Thank You Card using Two-Step Stamps from the Wildflower Path Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
Are you familiar with Two-Step Stamping? Basically, it means that stamps that are usually one image (i.e., stems and flower) are on two separate stamps so that you can quickly stamp the images in different colors. That’s the case with the Wildflower Path stamp set, which is quickly becoming one of my favorites!
In this case, I did the stems in Pear Pizzazz and the flowers in Merry Merlot. To add a bit more depth for the flowers, I used “generational stamping” which just means that I stamped one of the flower images using an inked stamp, then stamped it again and a 3rd time without re-inking the stamp. That allows for varying depths of colors on your images with only one ink pad!
Here’s exactly how I made this card:
- Basic White: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” and 1-3/4” x 2-3/4”
- Merry Merlot: 2” x 3”
- Pear Pizzazz Subtles Paper: 2” x 4”
1. Fold the 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” Basic White cardstock in half to create your base card.
2. Adhere the Pear Pizzazz paper to the base card about 1-1/4” from the top of the base card.
3. Using the small piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the stems at the bottom using Pear Pizzazz ink.
4. Stamp the small flower onto the stems using Merry Merlot ink. Stamp 2 more times without reinking to create variations in color.
5. Continue stamping the small flower using Merry Merlot ink as desired.
6. Stamp the sentiment above the flowers using Black Memento ink.
7. Adhere the White stamped cardstock to the Merry Merlot cardstock and adhere to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
8. Add 2 of the Brass Butterflies in different sizes around the sentiment as desired to finish.
Supplies Used on this Project
Save this to your Pinterest board where you save those quick and easy cards.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!