The festive season is just around the corner, and what better way to spread the holiday cheer than with handmade cards from the Joy to You Stamp Set by Stampin Up? If you’re a crafty soul eager to send out personalized wishes, you’re in the right spot!
I started with a very simple card design and then paired it with some beautiful paper. By using the colors in the paper, I was able make the color coordination super simple, but if you’d prefer a different color palette, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library for lots of color inspiration. Let’s dive into crafting a magical Christmas card that will stand out in your loved ones’ mailboxes.
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Soft Sea Foam Cardstock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Joy of Christmas Paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Soft Sea Foam: 2” x 5-1/4”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 1-3/4” x 3-1/4”
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Soft Sea Foam Cardstock in half to create your base card.
- Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock inside your card.
- Adhere the Joy of Christmas Paper onto the front of the card.
- Using the 2” x 5-1/4” piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock, run through the Cut & Emboss Machine and emboss using the Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the 1-3/4” x 3-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Real Red ink. Adhere to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
A Tip from Barb
This is the perfect card sketch for whenever you have some pretty paper you’d like to use! If you don’t have a Cut & Emboss Machine or a different Embossing Folder you can use, just eliminate that step from the card. It will still look great!