This is a Sneak Peek of a Stampin’ Up! Catalog product that will be unveiled on January 4, 2024. If it is not listed in the Supply List at the bottom of this Blog Post, it is not currently available to order.
Create fun handmade birthday cards for men with the Hey Chuck Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! This stamp set includes sassy chickens with cute accessories you can use to create birthday cards or just-for-fun projects.
I wanted to make this a card that could be used for guys and gals of all ages, so I went with a bright color combination that I took directly from the Trusty Toolbox Sale-A-Bration 2024 Paper. This vibrant paper is available for free during Stampin’ Up!’s 2024 Sale-A-Bration, which runs from January 2, 2024 through February 29, 2024.
If you’d like something a bit brighter, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library, where you’re sure to find something you’ll like!
This set also includes as set of coordinating dies, as well as additional images like a wooden fence so you can create a farmyard scene for your chicks. Then top it off with a cute chicken-inspired sentiment. Make all of your paper crafting projects unique with this quirky set, perfect for all dudes and dudettes. Skate on by and get this set today!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Real Red Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Gray Granite Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Trusty Toolbox Sale-A-Bration paper: 2″ x 5″
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Real Red cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your bone folder.
- Adhere one of the 4″ x 5-1/4″ pieces of Basic White cardstock to the inside of the card.
- Run the Gray Granite cardstock through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine using the Metal Plate Embossing Folder and adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the 2″ strip of Trust Toolbox Sale-A-Bration 2024 paper, using your scissors to cut a “flag notch” at the bottom of the cardstock. Tip: using your scissors, cut a 1/2″ slit in the center, then cut up from each side to the slit mark, create an upside down “V” or flag notch. Adhere the paper to the left side of the card, about 1/2″ over from the fold.
- Using the remaining piece of 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock, use the Memento Black Ink to stamp the rooster on top of the skateboard. Run the cardstock through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine and cut out the image using the 2″ x 3-1/2″ Radiating Stitches rectangle die. Set aside.
- Using the Lost Lagoon ink, stamp the sentiment on the remaining piece of Basic White cardstock. Run through the Cut & Emboss Machine and cut out using the Radiating Stitches 1-1/2″ circle die.
- Color in the Rooster using the Poppy Parade, Smoky Slate, and Dark Daffodil Delight (for his beak) Stampin’ Blends.
- Adhere the sentiment circle to the upper left corner of the rectangle (see sample for placement) using glue ONLY on the side that’s attached to the cardstock.
- Adhere the rectangle/circle to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
A Tip from Barb
There are so many little touches on this card that I love – the use of the dies to add interest to the focal images, the awesome Sale-A-Bration paper that you can earn for free during Sale-A-Bration 2024, and the Embossing Folder to add depth to the card. But most of all, I loved using the Stampin’ Blends to add bright color to our rooster so that he really pops! Give this card a try – you’ll be happy you did!😃
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to create today, whether it is this simple and cute handmade card or another cardmaking project. My goal is to help you carve out some creative joy! If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. Keep checking back for more projects.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
Supplies Used On This Project:
Available January 4, 2024: Planted Paradise & Softly Sophisticated Stamp Sets; Purple Fine Shimmer Gems.