It’s so much fun to dive into the sweet world of expressing affection and love through card crafting. The Bee My Valentine Bundle by Stampin Up is not just for Valentine’s Day; it’s a fantastic tool for conveying your love year-round. The Bee Builder Punch and the Bee My Valentine Stamp Set offer endless possibilities to craft a unique ‘I love you’ card.
This is a Two-Step Stamping set, one of my favorite types of sets. It allows you to layer two or more images to create one final image with extra texture and dimension in the colors you want. Whether you’re reaching out to a significant other, a family member, or a dear friend, this Bundle helps you create a card that’s as heartfelt as your message. Let’s explore how these tools can bring your loving sentiments to life in a beautiful, handcrafted card.
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Busy Bee
Busy Bee projects are designed for the beginner or busy papercrafter. This is a basic cardmaking project that can be achieved by someone who has never made a handmade card before. You can view more Busy Bee cards here.
- Basic White Cardstock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Sweet Sorbet Cardstock: 2-3/4” x 3-3/4”
- Bee Mine Designer Paper: 2-1/2” x 3-1/2”
- Basic White Cardstock: 4” x 4”
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Basic White Cardstock in half to create your base card.
- Using the Sweet Sorbet ink pad, stamp the hearts randomly around the outside of the card as shown in the sample. Using the Pool Party ink pad, stamp the trail randomly as shown in the sample.
- Using the 4” scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the bee body oval onto the cardstock using Daffodil Delight ink.
- Using Black Memento ink, stamp the stripes and face onto the body. Punch out using the Bee Punch that comes in the Bundle.
- Using the same scrap of cardstock, stamp the wings using Black Memento ink. Ink up the large single heart using Pool Party ink, stamp off once on your scratch paper, and stamp inside the wings. Color in using Wink of Stella. Punch out the wings using the Bee Punch. Adhere the wings to the back of the bee body and set aside.
- Using the Bee Mine Paper, stamp the sentiment in the lower left corner using Black Memento ink. Stamp the trail as shown in the sample using the same ink. Adhere the Bee Mine Paper to the Sweet Sorbet paper and adhere to the card front.
- Using the bee from Step #5, adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals so that it matches up with the black bee trail.
- Adhere 2 of the Hearts & Flowers embellishments as desired to finish.
A Tip from Barb
This is such an easy card to make – and it uses an easy card sketch that you can use over and over again! The Bee Builder Punch makes quick work of the focal image and it’s so easy to stamp thanks to being a Two-Step Stamping set! You can create a lot of these cards in a hurry and share the love with all your friends and family!😊