Do you love to color? Then you’re going to love the Stampin’ Blends by Stampin’ Up! They’re the perfect coloring tool for adults!
How cute is this card featuring the Stampin’ Up! Wiggle Worm stamp set? It just cries out for coloring and with the Stampin’ Up! Blends, you can color quickly and easily. And best of all? You know all your colors will coodinate!
Stampin’ Up! Blends open up a whole world of colorful creativity. Blends are high-quality, dual tip alcohol-based markers that currently come in 37 exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors, each with a light and a dark shade. These markers make it so easy to blend colors and create beautiful works of art.
Because Blends are alcohol-based, they provide excellent coverage, dry quickly, and provide intense color. Perfect for any image you want to color!
- Balmy Blue: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored & folded at 4-1/4″
- Granny Apple Green: 2″ x 3-1/4″
- Basic Black: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Whisper White: 3″ x 4″ and 4″ x 5-1/4″ (for inside of card)
- Fold the Balmy Blue cardstock in half. If desired, adhere the 4″ Whisper White mat inside the card. Set aside.
- Using the Die Cut Machine of your choice, run the Granny Apple Green strip through the Machine, using the Grass die from the Wiggly Bug Dies. You may need to snip the ends of slightly.
- On the 3″ piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the grasshopper about 1/2″ up from the page in Black Memento ink, using the Granny Apple “grass” as your guide. You want to see the bug but you want the grass to slightly cover him.
- Repeat the process with the Worm image. Stamp the other insect above these 2 images so that it creates a triangle.
- Color the bugs in using the Blends. I used Granny Apple Green for the Grasshopper, Lovely Lipstick for the worm, and Flirty Flamingo for the 3rd bug.
- Stamp the sentiment in the upper right corner using Black Memento ink. Stamp 2 bee’s around the sentiment and color in using the Balmy Blue Blends.
- Ink up a sponge using the Balmy Blue ink; lightly sponge in any white space being careful to avoid the stamped images.
- Layer the Grass onto the bottom of the White mat and adhere to the Black mat.
- To finish the card, adhere to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Blends make quick work of this card! Want to see more cards featuring the Blends? Click here.