Create a Quick Card using the Two-Step Stamping Technique
So what is Two-Step Stamping? It basically means that you combine at least 1 outline image and 1 bold image together to create 1 combined image.
One of the best parts about Two-Step Stamping is that you can add a lot of color to your card quickly and easily — and with just ink pads!
Stampin’ Up! has a lot of Two-Step Stamping stamp sets in their Catalog, and the new Inspiring Iris Stamp Set is one of my favorites. It actually is a Three-Step process, allowing for one color for your leaves and another color for the Flower. Easy Peasy!
For this project, I needed a card for a girlfriend, so I went with soft, subtle colors. But imagine how this card would POP if you used bright colors! Anything goes with Two-Step Stamping!
- Whisper White: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored & folded at 4-1/4″ for base card
- Soft Sea Foam: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black: 2-3/4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White: 2-1/2″ x 5-1/4″
- Using the large bold rose stamp and Soft Sea Foam ink, stamp the flower randomly over the Soft Sea Foam mat to create a unique background.
- On the 2-1/2″ strip of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the outline Iris Flower/Stem several times using Black Memento ink.
- Stamp the bold stem image using the Soft Sea Foam ink. Ink just the bottom of stamp (stem part) and repeat stamp across the bottom of the Whisper White mat to create grass.
- Ink the bold Iris Image using Purple Posy and then Balmy Blue inks stamping inside each outline image, re-inking stamp each time.
- If desired ink up the Rose stamp again using Balmy Blue ink, tap off most of the ink on your scratch paper, and stamp above the flowers to create a soft sky background and fill in the white space.
- Stamp the sentiment using Black Memento ink.
- Adhere the Whisper White mat to the Basic Black mat and adhere to card using Adhesive.
How easy was that! Two-Step stamping Stamp Sets by Stampin’ Up! are some of my favorite! Other Two-Step stamps in the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog include: A Big Thank You, Above the Clouds, Abstract Impressions, Accented Blooms, Beautiful Promenade, Butterfly Gala, Floral Essence, Forever Lovely, Nine Lives, Painted Harvest, Royal Peacock, To A Wild Rose (a 3-Stepper!) and Vibrant Vases. I’m sure I forgot a few but these are my most favorite!
So, do you like Two-Step Stamping? Think you’ll give it a try? I hope so – I know you’ll love it!