These whimsical images dance off the page!
My goal in April was to touch stamp sets that I have purchased in the past but haven’t had a chance to use. Peaceful Reflections was one of those sets!
I originally bought this set because it features two-step stamping, which is one of my favorite techniques. Basically, two-step stamping is when a stamp set features two or more coordinating stamps which, when combined, create a complete image. With Two-Step Stamping sets from Stampin’ Up!, you can choose to use the images on their own or combine them to create new and wonderful designs.
Here’s how I made this card:
- Pool Party 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” to form card base
- Berry Burst 3-1/4” x 4-1/4”
- Whisper White 3” x 4” and scrap for sentiment
- Fold the Pool Party cardstock in half to create your card base.
- Run the front of the Pool Party card base through the Big Shot using Ruffled Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- On the Whisper White mat, stamp the water using Pool Party ink; color in the water using a Blender Pen and the lid of the Pool Party ink pad.
- Stamp the stem using Lemon Lime Twist ink and, if desired, color in the “white” parts using the Blender Pen and the lid of the Lemon Lime Twist ink pad.
- Stamp the Butterfly using Berry Burst ink. Color in the wings using a Blender Pen and the lid of the Powder Pink ink pad.
- Adhere the Whisper White mat to the Berry Burst; adhere to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment from Amazing Life stamp set on the scrap of Whisper White using Berry Burst ink; punch out using the Classic Label Punch. Adhere to the stamped mat using Dimensionals.
- Use the Wink of Stella pen to highlight butterfly and water. Add 3 Rhinestones randomly to finish.
I have another card made with this set that I’ll be posting in a few days. I’m glad I finally brought this set out of hibernation – it’s been fun using it!