The Marbled Background Stamp Retires June 3, 2019
I absolutely love this background stamp – and I’m so sad it’s retiring next month. One of the things I love the most about this stamp is that you can create quick, easy and colorful backgrounds with very little effort!
Here’s how I made this card:
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Balmy Blue cardstock, score at 4-1/4″ and fold in half to create your card base.
- Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ and 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Using the Happy Birthday thinlit, cut the Happy Birthday from a scrap piece of Highland Heather cardstock and set aside. Optional: if desired, “color” the framelit with Wink of Stella to make it sparkle.
- Ink up the Marble Background stamp using Balmy Blue ink. Using a sponge dauber, randomly sponge Heather Highland ink over the background stamp; stamp onto the 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Tip: if it’s difficult for you to hold a large background stamp, put the inked stamp side up, carefully lay the white cardstock onto the stamp and carefully rub your fingers over the cardstock to transfer the ink. (If you don’t like inky fingers, place a piece of scrap typing paper over the white cardstock.)
- Layer the Marbled cardstock onto the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock and then adhere to the card base with Dimensionals.
- Optional: adhere an additional piece of 4″ x 5-1/4″ White cardstock inside your card to write a note.
Products Used on this Card:
The Marbled Background stamp can be used in lots of different color combinations. You’re only limited by your imagination! Give it a try soon — and don’t forget that both of these products retire on June 3, 2019! View other Retiring Stampin’ Up! products here.