The Perennial Essence Designer Paper features hand-painted impressionistic imagery in rich colors.
I love this paper so much! I call it the “Monet” paper because honestly, it’s just stunningly gorgeous. I tend to use this paper as the focal point of the card and let it do the “heavy lifting” — just add a sentiment and your card is done. See more cards featuring Designer Paper as a focal point here.
I used a die cut to create the sentiment for this card, but it would look just as good with any sentiment. If you’re going to cut your own cardstock for your sentiment, measure the size of your sentiment block, then add a quarter or half inch and you’ll be good to go!
Example: your sentiment block measures 2″ x 4″ – cut your cardstock to 2-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
Since all Stampin’ Up! colors coordinate, I just pulled 3 colors out of this piece of Designer Paper to use on this card. Each pack of Designer Paper lists the colors used, so using this method makes creating your DIY card a snap.
- Petal Pink Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored & folded at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for inside; scrap for sentiment
- Designer Paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Layer the Designer Paper onto the Petal Pink base card.
- Adhere the Whisper White mat onto the inside of card.
- Stamp sentiment using Blackberry Bliss ink and cut out using the properly-sized Rectangle die & your die cut machine.
- Adhere the sentiment to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Done! Now wasn’t that quick & easy?!?
Now that you have the directions on how to make this quick & easy card, it’s your turn! Simply order your supplies, make an appointment with yourself to schedule some crafty time, and enjoy! And if you really want to use that card for good 🙂, why not join our Card Shower Group on Facebook? We send cards to those who need support. It’s so much fun to be the sunshine in someone’s world, don’t you think?