I featured this card in my February Stamp Camp and it was a hit. Best of all, it’s very easy to make – here are the directions:
- Start with a 4.25″ x 11″ base card (Sahara Sand)
Score on the long side at 4.25″ and 8.50″
- Using the embossing folder, emboss only the “shorter” end. (I used the Tiny Triangles folder because I thought it looked like an ice cream cone!)
- Using a 2.50″ circle punch, line up the punch so that the “shorter” side score line is in the center of the punch; punch.
- The outside Designer Series Paper (Best Year Ever) measures 4″ x 4″. (There is also a Whisper White inside panel that measures 4″ x 4″)
- The circles for the focal point were made with the circle framelits (1-7/8″ for the largest – Soft Suede – circle and 2-3/8″ for the Hello Honey circle; the Whisper White focal point was done with the 1.75″ circle punch.)
- The circles are layered together and the layered so that the center of the
circles lines up with the fold line. Make sure you put adhesive only on the bottom of the circles (ask me why you don’t want to forget to do this! *Ü*)
- To help the card stay shut (I wanted to use this as a gift card holder, which is a bit bulkier) I used one of the Word Bubble framelits and put 2 dimensionals only on the *bottom* portion of the word bubble.
- Voila! Decorate the inside as desired.
This card uses waaaayyyyy more product that I normally use on a card, but it was just so cute & versatile, I couldn’t help myself! And yes, it fits in a standard size envelope. *Ü*