I love the Picture Perfect stamp set from Stampin’ Up! It’s so easy to use and because the set has multiple images for each focal point, you can create a lot of depth without going to a lot of work!
I also used one of my favorite colors combinations: Soft Sky, Pool Party and Smoky Slate:
I love these soft colors together. I was a bit hesitant to use Smoky Slate instead of a green, but I ended up going with this because I really liked it!
Here are the cardstock measurements:
- Soft Sky card stock: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
- Smoky Slate card stock: 3-3/8” x 4-5/8” and ½” x 3½”
- Shimmery White Paper: 3¼” x 4½” and scrap
- I started with the Soft Sky base card and ran it through the Big Shot using the Elegant Dots Embossing Folder.
- Using the Shimmery White Paper, I stamped boldest rose using Soft Sky ink. This may sound a bit counter-intuitive, but I found that if I stamped the boldest flower first, it made it easier to line up the small, more detailed flowers that followed.
- Repeat stamping the bold flower until the entire mat is covered.
- Using the 2nd boldest rose, ink with Soft Sky ink, tap off some of the ink on your scratch paper and stamp over the Rose from Step #2. Repeat.
- Add the leaf as desired using Smoky Slate ink, stamping some of the leaves without re-inking your stamp.
- On the scrap of Shimmery White paper, stamp the sentiment in Smoky Slate ink & punch out using the Oval Punch. If desired, sponge edges using the Sponge Dauber and Soft Sky ink.
- Line up the mat & oval and lay them out on your scratch paper. Using the lid of your Pool Party Marker and the brush tip, “fleck” the ink by pulling the marker against the lid of the marker. Repeat as desired.
- If desired, sponge the edges of the Shimmery White mat using Soft Sky ink. Layer the Shimmery White mat onto the Smokey Slate mat and layer onto base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a notch in each end of the ½” strip of Smokey Slate and layer the oval onto the notched strip. Adhere to the stamped mat using Dimensionals. If desired, add a large pearl to each side of the Oval to finish.
Do you like this stamp set? I’m offering a Picture Perfect Stamp Set of the Month class at the end of April. I always offer different times & dates. If you live in the Portland metro area, we’d love to have you join us! (And if you’re not, this class is available as a “class to go”.)