A Simple Sympathy Card using the Daisy Lane Bundle
No one likes to make a Sympathy Card, but the truth is, when you need one, you need it in a hurry, A friend of mine recently lost her husband and I wanted to get a card out to her family right away, so I created this simple card using the beautiful Daisy Lane Stamp Set and coordinating Punch.
This card would look good in any color combination, but I like to do Sympathy Cards in Black, Vanilla and Crumb Cake because I find it a very soothing color combination.
The Supplies Used:
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ for Base Card
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Scraps of Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla for Daisy
- Magnolia Lane Ribbon: 10″ ribbon, cut in half
- Fold the scored Very Vanilla cardstock in half to create your Base Card
- On the 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sentiment from Kindness & Compassion Stamp Set in the upper left corner using Black Memento ink.
- On the bottom of mat, stamp the small daisy from the Daisy Lane Stamp Set several times using Crumb Cake ink. TIP: place a piece of scratch paper across the top half of the card so that when you stamp, you won’t get any ink on the upper half of the card.
- Using the small 3 floral stamp from the Daisy Delight Stamp Set, ink 1 flower using the edge of the ink pad and stamp. Clean your stamp, re-ink and stamp until you’ve filled in the white space. Note: this is totally optional and could be left off the card.
- Adhere the Very Vanilla mat to the Crumb Cake mat using adhesive.
- Cut the 10″ of ribbon in half and adhere 1 5″ strip around the mat. Tip: I use scotch tape to take both ends of the ribbon to the back.
- Take the other 5″ of ribbon and slip through the left side; tie into a knot and trim as needed. Adhere mat to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- On the scrap piece of Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla, stamp the large daisy image from Daisy Lane Stamp Set using Black Memento ink. Punch out using the Daisy punch. Adhere the 2 Daisies together using adhesive, alternating the petals.
- Optional: if desired, color in the center of the Vanilla Daisy with the Dark Crumb Cake Blend, and lightly pul out color form the center using the Light Crumb Cake Blend. Add a touch of Wink of Stella to the center of the Daisy.
- Adhere the Daisy to the base card using Stampin’ Dimesionals to finish.
This seems like a lot of steps, but it goes together very quickly – I actually made this card in under 5 minutes. (It took me more time to find one of the stamp sets than it did to make the card!)
Of course, the most important thing that should be inside a Sympathy Card is what you write inside. I’ve put together a printable of sentiments that would work inside this card; you can download here.
Making a Sympathy Card is truly a labor of love. There’s nothing like creating a card, putting your creative heart into it, and then sending it in the mail to someone who really needs to know that someone cares.
Why not join our Card Shower Group on Facebook? We send cards to those who need support. It’s so important to be the sunshine in someone’s world, don’t you think?