Pigment Sprinkles — my favorite new watercoloring tool!
Pigment Sprinkles are watercolor pigment crystals that provide a burst of vibrant color. And best of all, they come in exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, and Melon Mambo.
You get 6 g of each color, each in it’s own jar with a double-tight lid, and all 6 come packaged up together in a convenient bundle. Pigment Sprinkles are acid free and the color of the powder provides a burst of color when water is added
You can mix them with water to make watercolor backgrounds and washes, and use them for other watercoloring techniques
- Basic Black: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored & folded at 4-1/4″ for base card
- Whisper White Mats: 4″ x 5-1/4 (2 pieces; 1 for inside of card)
- Basic Black Mat: 2-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Watercolor Paper: 2″ x 3″
- Adhere 1 of the 4″ Whisper White mats inside the card. If desired, stamp a sentiment inside the card.
- Using your Aqua Painter, create a “wash” of water all over your 2″ Watercolor Paper. You want the paper wet but not so wet that the water doesn’t start to absorb into the paper.
- Using the Daffodil Delight Sprinkle, lightly tap out a few crystals over the top third of your watercolor paper. (Tip: think of it as adding pepper to your food – you can add more but it’s hard to take it off!)
- Gently spread the crystals across the top third of the paper.
- Pick up your brush that is still loaded with the Daffodil Delight color and “flick” it over the other 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White mat. Tip: I find it easier to tap it over my finger. If you find that you’re not getting any color, gently squeeze out a bit more water onto your brush so that it “flicks” easily.
- Clean your brush and repeat with the Mango Melody and then Granny Apple Green crystals, remembering to “flick” on the White mat before changing colors.
- Heat set your watercolor paper or let dry naturally. If necessary, heat set your splattered Whisper White mat before adhering to the Black base card.
- Stamp the image from I Say Hello onto your watercolor paper using Black StaZon ink. Add the confetti bow on top of the package.
- Adhere the Watercolor mat to the Basic Black mat and adhere to base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love the gorgeous color combinations you can make with these Pigment Sprinkles. You are only limited by your imagination! See more Watercoloring Techniques here.
I hope today’s Tutorial inspired you to pull out your own stamps and create something beautiful! I’m always working on new simple papercrafting ideas to share – if you’d like to be notified via email when I post something new, sign up here.