How cute are these? What a fun Valentine’s Day treat they’d be for classmates, co-workers, neighbors and more!
And best of all, they’re a snap to make! Here’s how:
- Start out with one of the Stampin’ Up!’s 2″ x 8″ Cellophane Bags. I love these because they’ve got that fun “crinkly” feel and sound – no ziploc bags for these!
- Fill with the treat of your choice (pencils work too but come on – it’s Valentine’s Day!), making sure to leave room at the top to seal.
- Seal the bags with Tear & Tape *or* staple bag together.
- To create the bag topper, cut your Whisper White cardstock to 2″ x 5-1/2″. Fold in half the long way so that your finished tag measures 2″ x 2-3/4″
- Open up the topper and on the bottom half, stamp the sentiment at the bottom using Black Memento ink. Stamp the ape image just above the sentiment using the same ink.
- Color in the ape using the Smokey Slate Light Blend marker; color in the heart using the Flirty Flamingo Light image. Tip: if doing with kids, using the bullet-tip – it’s child friendly!
- Fold the topper back in half and adhere to the bag using either Tear & Tape or you can staple shut.
- Wrap the Night of Navy Baker’s Twine around the top of the Topper and tie into a bow or knot.
Voila! you have an adorable gift for friends and family that take minutes to create. If you are doing this project with small children, I recommend that you work in stages, assembly style:
- Day 1 – cut/fold the tags and fill the bags. If using loose candy, use a funnel to pour the candy in to avoid hands touching the candy.
- Day 2 – stamp the images and set aside
- Day 3 – color in the images (this will take the longest)
- Day 4 – adhere the toppers and tie the Twine into a knot or bow
You can buy all the items you need to make these Treat Toppers separately (see list below) OR you can purchase the Hey Love Treat Toppers Kit.
This Kit has enough supplies for 50 Treat Bags – and if you need to make more than 50, all you’ll need to purchase is an additional package of Cellophane bags ($3.50).
Over the next week, I’ll be sharing other ideas using the Hey Love Stamp Set, so stay tuned!