What the heck is a Fun Fold Faux Window card?
I first saw this fun fold window card on my friend Jackie Bolhuis’ website and I just had to recreate it!
This window card could take hours of measuring & cutting, but thanks to the Stampin’ Up! Rectangle framelits, it actually comes together fairly quickly – thank heavens!
Here’s how I made this Faux Window card:
· Fold a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2 Balmy Blue piece of cardstock in half and set aside.
· Fold a 5-1/4″ x 8″ piece of Whisper White cardstock in half. On the inside right panel, stamp the sentiment and the trio of ducks using Black Memento ink. Color in the ducks using the Light Balmy Blue, Light Daffodil Delight and Light Pumpkin Pie Blends. Set aside.
· Select 2 nesting Rectangle Framelits (chose the size that works best for you.) Using the smaller of the 2 rectangle framelits, cut out a panel from the center of the front of the Balmy Blue card front. Set this aside to use on another project.
· Using the the same small rectangle framelit, cut out a piece from a scrap of Balmy Blue Designer Paper AND from a scrap of So Saffron Cardstock (make sure you cut from middle of cardstock.) Set the piece from the So Saffron cardstock aside and use on another project.
· Using the So Saffron cardstock with the piece cut out, line up the larger of the 2 Framelits so that it’s centered around your previous cut — cut out to create a thin frame.
· Adhere the White cardstock with the stamped sentiment inside the Balmy Blue cardstock.
· Adhere the thin So Saffron frame to the outside of the Balmy Blue cardstock using Liquid Glue. Place adhesive on the back of the Balmy Blue Designer Paper and CAREFULLY place through frame to adhere on the White Cardstock (this way it will line up.) Hold down as you carefully lift the Balmy Blue cardstock back up – this will make sure that everything stays secure.
· On the scrap piece of White cardstock, stamp the large duck in Black ink. Color in this large duck using Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie Blends.
· Fussy Cut out the duck using your Scissors. Adhere through the front of the card onto the Balmy Blue Designer Paper using Dimensionals to finish.
Products Used on this Card:
This card definitely takes some work, but the end result is so worth it! And thanks to the Rectangle Stitched Framelits, it goes together fairly easily. Want to see more Fun Fold cards? View them here.