A quick & easy Thinking of YOu card using the Daisy Lane Bundle
Have you ever needed a Thinking of You handmade card for a friend – and you needed to send it right them? Well, that was me yesterday and I was able to pull it off using the Daisy Lane Bundle by Stampin’ Up!
I needed a particularly cheery card for my friend, so I chose one of my favorite color combinations – Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green. I kept the card design super simple — all I had to do is cut the cardstock, stamp the images, punch the images and I was done!
- Whisper White Base Card: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″
- Melon Mambo Mat: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Granny Apple Green Mat: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White Mat: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Scraps: Whisper White, Melon Mambo & Granny Apple Green
- Whisper White Baker’s Twine: 10″
- Adhere the Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green mats onto the base card.
- Stamp the stem onto the White mat using Granny Apple Green ink.
- Stamp the sentiment to the right of the stem using the Melon Mambo ink.
- Adhere the Whisper White mat to the base card.
- On your scrap of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the daisy using Melon Mambo ink; punch out using the Medium Daisy punch from the bundle.
- Using your scrap of Melon Mambo cardstock, punch out a daisy using the Medium Daisy Punch; punch out a 1/2″ circle from the scrap of Granny Apple Green cardstock.
- Place a small amount of Liquid Glue on the center of the Melon Mambo daisy; add the stamped daisy on top and rotate so all the petals show.
- Adhere the 1/2″ Granny Apple circle using a small amount of liquid glue.
- Adhere the Daisy to the base card using a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Take your 10% of Baker’s Twine, fold in half and tie into a small bow; adhere to the center of the daisy using a small drop of adhesive.
I hope today’s Tutorial inspired you to pull out your own stamps and create something beautiful! I’m always working on new simple papercrafting ideas to share – if you’d like to be notified via email when I post something new, sign up here.
Want to see more cards using the Daisy Lane Bundle? Check them out here!