Create a cute Greeting Card for the Young At Heart!
I absolutely love this new Young At Heart stamp set by Stampin’ Up! It’s bursting with humor and it’s the perfect stamp set for creating fun handmade greeting cards for my friends!
I prefer using the Stampin’ Blends when coloring in images like these. They provide bright, vibrant color and when I’m in a hurry, I tend to use them more as a coloring tool, rather than a blending tool. That was the case with this card.
I used Shimmery White cardstock on this card because I wanted a touch of shimmer & sparkle – and I wanted to ground & provide some depth to my image by doing a slight wash around her.
All together, this card came together very quickly and I love how the bright colors turned out!
- Whisper White: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored & folded at 4-1/4″ for base card
- Poppy Parade: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Mango Melody: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Shimmery White: 3″ x 4″
- Optional: Run the Poppy Parade mat through a die cutting machine using the Subtles 3-D embossing folder. Adhere to the Whisper White folded base card.
- On the Shimmery White mat, stamp the sentiment using Poppy Parade ink and the the cake image using Black Memento ink.
- Color in the image using the Stampin’ Blends.
- Optional: using a damp – not wet – Aqua Painter, pick up a small amount of Black Memento ink from the lid of the ink pad and create a light wash around the woman image.
This easy peasy card went together in minutes thanks to the Stampin’ Blends. I never worry if I go “outside the lines” when coloring images like these — life is too short to worry about perfection!
View other projects using the Stampin’ Blends here.