The Pun Intended Host Set by Stampin’ Up! is sure to make you chuckle and smile. I, of course, love this stamp set as it features a bee! A downright cute bee, at that!
This is one of the cards I featured at my June Stamp-A-Stack and it was the favorite of many. I’m not sure if it’s because it was a quick & easy card, or because they loved the colors, but it definitely is a fun & cheery card!
Directions for Pun Intended Bee Card
- I started with a half-sheet of VeryVanilla cardstock, cut at 4-1/4″ x 11″ and then folded in half at 5-1/2″
- I cut two 1″ x 5-1/2″ strips of Designer Paper from the Playful Palette Designer Series Paper Stack and layered onto each side of the Vanilla card base.
- I cut a strip of Very Vanilla cardstock at 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and stamped the bee in Sweet Sugarplum ink randomly over this peace. I filled in any “white space” using the heart and Flirty Flamingo ink.
- The Vanilla piece was layered onto a 2-5/8″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock, then layered onto the card base.
- On a scrap piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped the “arrow banner” using Flirty Flamingo ink, then stamped the “Happy bee-day” in Sweet Sugarplum ink. I hand-cut the banner and layered onto the card using Dimensionals.
Done! Quick & Easy with lots of color!