What do you think of the background on this stamp? It was done with Stampin’ Up!’s new Happy Patterns mask and a bit of sponging. It didn’t take long at all and it creates such a soft background!
Want to recreate this card? Here’s the Recipe!
- Stamp Sets: Tin of Cards (138946)
- Paper: Whisper White cardstock(100730), Basic Black (121045)
- Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (132708), Blushing Bride (131172)
- Other: Happy Patterns Decorative Mask (138313), Chalk Talk Framelits (129983), Stamping Sponges (101610), Blushing Bride Sequins ((138400), Glue Dots (103683) Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Whisper White Cardstock (5-1/2” x 8-1/2” card base, folded to 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”)
- Basic Black Cardstock mat (4” x 5-1/4”)
- Whisper White cardstock mat (3-7/8” x 5-1/8” mat)
- Scraps of Whisper White & Basic Black for framelit
- Using the Happy Patterns mask, sponge the rectangles using Blushing Bride ink and a Sponge. Layer onto the Basic Black mat layer, and then layer onto the folded Whisper White card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the “happy birthday” in Memento Black ink on the white scrap paper and cut out using the Chalk Talk framelit. Cut out another of the same framelit using a Basic Black scrap. Cut the Black framelit label in half (“hot dog cut, lengthwise.) Layer onto the back of the White framelit label.
- Adhere label to card using Dimensionals.
- To add the Blushing Bride sequins, fold each of the sequins in half, open and fold in half the other directions. This will create a “bevel” effect and give more depth when placed on the card.
- Adhere each sequin using a glue dot to finish.
Did you notice the Tip about folding the sequins? My stampin’ bud Carol shared this tip with me – it truly adds that extra depth & dimension to your projects!
The best part of this card for me? I designed this entire card around those gorgeous Blushing Bride Sequins — I think it turned out ok! *Ü*
Available from my On-line Store 24/7 – just click on the item below