The Moroccan Nights Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! perfectly captures the endless summer feeling of a night in Morocco. Can’t you just see the lanterns glowing on a warm night in Casablanca while you eat couscous and drink refreshing mint tea?
This card was designed by fellow Demonstrator, Loni Spendlove, and I love everything about this card! Here’s how Loni made the card:
Moroccan Nights Lantern Card
- Stamp Lanterns and Thank You in Black archival ink on a 3” x 4” piece of Very Vanilla card stock and allow to dry.
- Sponge Crushed Curry ink starting inside lanterns (darkest) out across the card stock (lighter as it moves away from the lanterns) using sponge daubers.
- Start at the top edge sponging Cajun Craze (darkest) moving to blend with the Curry color (lighter)
- Start at the bottom edge of the card stock sponging Dapper Denim ink and getting lighter as you move up the card. Leave room for the Emerald Envy and blend from the Denim side (darkest) into the Curry above (lighter).
- Splatter water from your aqua painter onto the ombre background. Allow to sit for 15-25 seconds and blot excess water off. Let it dry.
- Stamp star around lanterns with Crushed Curry ink.
- Layer the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Moroccan Designer Series Paper onto your 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” Emerald Envy card base (folded in half at 4-1/4”). Then layer the 3-3/8” x 4” piece of Dapper Denim cardstock onto the card base.
- Layer the Vanilla cardstock onto the base card to finish.