You know that person who doesn’t get something unless the message is big and loud and written in lights? Well, they’ll get the message when you use the Marquee Messages stamp set by Stampin’ Up!
This is the last card from my Birthday Bash and it was one of my personal favorites!
I decided to go with the fun 50’s color theme of Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black. Too fun!
Build Your Marquee Messages Card
- I started with a half sheet (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″) piece of Melon Mambo cardstock, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half.
- The Whisper White mat measures 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- I stamped the Marquee images using Black ink and then stamped it again, once on a piece of Melon Mambo Cardstock (arrow) and again on Tempting Turquoise cardstock (sentiment box.)
- I fussy cut the arrow & sentiment box with scissors.
- Once the images were cut out, I stamped the “Birthday” onto the Tempting Turquoise box.
- In the center of the Marquee, I stamped the “It’s Your”, again using Black ink. I colored in the words & “sidebars” of the Marquee using a Tempting Turquoise Marker.
- The sentiment box was then glued directly onto the pre-stamped image on the White mat. The arrow was added using lots of Dimensionals. *Ü*
- The “party like a rock star” sentiment was stamped below the Marquee image using Black ink.
Not only is it an awesome glue, but if you place it on a stamped image and let dry, it leaves a glossy finish, which I thought was perfect for this particular image.
Of course, why do a little when you can do a lot? I also added the glue to the words, which gave them some depth and a lot of dimension!
I think this card would be perfect for any age, for either a guy or gal.
What do you think?