The Love and Affection Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! is perfect for those times you need a quick & easy card (which for me is almost always!)
I have a tutorial for you on this card, which you can see below, but I wanted to highlight one of my favorite new color combo’s on this card: Flirty Flamingo, Tempting Turquoise and Pear Pizzazz. Doesn’t it just scream SUMMER??!!
You’ll also notice a couple of boo-boo’s on this card. Originally, I was going to add Soft Sky flowers to this card but I didn’t like it, so I just covered them up with Tempting Turquoise. I personally don’t worry about boo-boo’s on my cards, and unless it’s an extreme mistake, I don’t start over.
I figure that whoever receives this card (a) won’t notice or (b) won’t care because it’s the thought that counts, right? And if they DO care, then they weren’t worthy of my handmade work of art from my heart. *Ü* As I love to say – Done is better than perfect!
Ok, on to the instructions on how to make this card!
Love and Affection Card Instructions:
- Stamp Sets: Love & Affection (141545)
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (132708), Flirty Flamingo (141397), Tempting Turquoise (126952), Blushing Bride (131172), Pool Party (126982), Pear Pizzazz (131180)
- Paper: Whisper White (100730), Flirty Flamingo (141416), Tempting Turquoise (102067)
- Other: Big Shot (113439), Floral Affection TIEF (141713), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Whisper White card base: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
- Flirty Flamingo cardstock: 4” x 5 ¼””
- Tempting Turquoise cardstock: 4 ¼” x 3 ¼””
- Whisper White cardstock: 3” x 4”
- Fold the Whisper White card base in half.
- Run the Flirty Flamingo cardstock through the Big Shot several times, repositioning the Floral Affection folder so that you emboss the outside edges of the cardstock. Layer onto card base.
- Stamp the sentiment of choice in the lower right corner of the 3” x 4” piece of Whisper White cardstock, using the Black Memento ink pad.
- Stamp the large flower randomly using Flirty Flamingo ink. Stamp the inside of each flower using Blushing Bride ink.
- Stamp the small open flower randomly using Tempting Turquoise ink. Stamp the inside using Pool Party ink.
- Stamp the stems/leaves randomly using Pear Pizzazz ink. Fill any white space using the small flowers and Tempting Turquoise ink.
- Mount the white mat onto the ¼” larger piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock and mount onto the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.