We tend to put things we love into jars: fireflies, potpourri, fruits, and salsa. Why not love? The Jar of Love Bundle by Stampin’ Up! makes it easy to fill your Jar of Love with fun images, perfect for that special someone in your life!
I am in a monthly swap with other Leaders in my company and when I saw this card from Michelle Suit, I squealed! I love the design, the colors and especially the Watermelon striped ribbon! *Ü*
- Soft Suede card stock (Card Base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Flirty Flamigo card stock: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Whisper White: 4” x 5 ¼” piece for inside panel and a scrap to stamp both the jar and handle.
- 5/8” Mini Striped Ribbon-Watermelon Wonder: 5 ¼” piece for wrap on front panel and a 9” piece to make the bow.
- Linen Thread: See Step 7 below.
- Emboss the Flirty Flamingo panel using the Woodgrain TIEF and adhere the 5 ¼” piece of the 5/8” Watermelon Wonder Mini Striped Ribbon to the panel as shown by applying adhesive to the back of the panel. Wrap ends and secure on back side.
- Adhere the Flirty Flamingo panel to the card base.
- Next, stamp both the large jar image and the handle image on a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Soft Suede ink.
- Using the same ink, stamp the “Thanks” sentiment a little above center inside the jar image.
- Stamp the small hearts randomly inside the bottom of the jar using Flirty Flamingo ink.
- Cut both the jar and handle images out using the coordinating Everyday Jar Framelits and the Big Shot and set aside.
- Take the Linen Thread and wind it around three of your fingers to create the coil that will go behind the jar.
- Add adhesive to the back of the jar image and adhere the Linen Thread as shown.
- Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the jar and adhere it to the front of the card as shown.
- Adhere the jar handle to the jar image as shown.
- Next, tie a small bow using the 5/8” Mini Striped Ribbon – Watermelon Wonder and adhere the bow with Mini Glue Dots to the jar’s handle.
- Add a little “sparkle” to the hearts in the jar with the Clear Wink of Stella.
- Adhere the Whisper White 4” x 5 ¼” panel to the inside of the card and stamp a few small hearts using Flirty Flamingo ink.
Here are the Supplies used on this card: