This masculine birthday card looks difficult but is actually easy to do using the Celebrate Today stamp set and Birthday Bash Designer Paper by Stampin’ Up!
The Designer Paper made it easy to pick bold bright colors (who says all birthday cards for guys have to be brown?) and I fell back once again on my favorite card sketch.
- Start with a half sheet of Whisper White cardstock, cut at 4-1/4″ x 11″. Fold in half to make a standard A-2 (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″) card.
- Cut 2 strips of 3/4″ x 5-1/2″ Birthday Bash Designer Paper. and layer on either side of the folded card.
- Cut a 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Night of Navy cardstock. Layer onto card.
- Cut a Balloon from the Designer Paper using the Balloon Framelits Dies. (Bonus! purchase the Balloom Framelits Die and the Celebrate Today set together and save 15%!)
- Cut a 3″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the 2 balloon “tails”, one in Night of Navy, the other in Calypso Coral ink. Adhere the die-cut balloon onto the card using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the card using Night of Navy ink.
You can use this design over & over again and make it look totally different just by changing out the Designer Paper. I used a bit of retired Night of Navy ribbon to finish.