At my February Stamp Camp, one of the “special fold” cards we made was an oldie, but a goodie — the Gate Fold card.
This card is so easy to make, especially if you use one of Stampin’ Up!’s beautiful patterned papers. And it fits in a normal, A-2 envelope!
Here are the directions for this card:
- Start with a 5.50″ x 12″ piece of Designer Series Paper.
- Score at 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″.
- On the short (5.50″) side, make a mark on both sides at 2.75″ (middle point)
- On the score lines, fold in at 4″ and 8″ and fold out at 2″ and 10″.
- Using a paper trimmer, match up on the cutting “groove” the 2.75″ tick mark and the inside score line (4″) and cut off the diagonal. Do the same for other side. Flip each cut off piece over and adhere to the opposite side so you get that lovely alternative design.
- For the inside panels, I used a 3.50″ x 5″ piece of Pistachio Pudding (to coordinate with the Pistachio Pudding Designer Paper) and a 3.25″ x 4.75″ piece of Whisper White.
- Stamp as desired and voila! You’re done!